Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bad news...I'm getting sick!

Hey guys!


Just wanted to give you a quick update...

As you know, I've been working overtime to keep making art keeping auctions going simultaneously - and it's catching up with me!


Admittedly, I'm a huge perfectionist and VERY hard on myself, so what's going on is probably self-induced! 

I'm REALLY overbooked with all that comes with panty-selling, trying to fill orders, update auctions, reply to emails, edit photos, write blog posts, etc. etc. etc.


In addition to now overdue freelance projects, delayed collective meetings, finishing an artist's book I started MONTHS ago, running a gallery, and everything else that comes with art-making!


(gallery installation in the background, performance artist in in the foreground)

Right now, I've got another all-night ahead of me and I'm EXHAUSTED! I stayed up all night two days, then slept 14 hours. 

As the NEW director of my gallery, it's my job to compile the rent and get it to our landlord in time. And, apparently, make sure the bills are paid, internet is running, respond to artist queries, clean the space and rent out vacant room. Which, obviously, is too much for one person to handle.

And then my phone broke. 

And I missed out on calling Illinois human services, my doctor, the pharmacy (yes, like many people, I take medication), the post office, the electric company, Panasonic (my new "tough"book isn't "tough" enough to withstand typing at 90 w.p.m.), the internet company, and my client waiting on a custom PowerPoint presentation, and, of course, my landlord!

Right now, I'm critiquing my friend's play I promised I'd help with months ago...and just started feeling a little bit off...

(About as "off" as this photo I took a while ago!)

I'm nauseous, sweaty, dizzy, achy - you know that "something's wrong" feeling you get before the flu hits?

Yeah, that's it.

I think I'm overstressed! 


(Yeah, I know I'm re-using photos...but do you really want to see me with my hair sticking everywhere and my face flushed - and not in a good way?)

I'm hoping it'll go away and I'll start feeling better soon! But be forewarned, if I disappear for a while, it's probably flu-related. And not that I'm ignoring you!


And I might need to slow it down just a bit with the panty/sock sales to prevent complete and total meltdown!

I mean, I haven't even opened opened my new copy of Dream Weaver - I could be learning CSS right now! And completely blowing your mind! And I haven't cleaned my room or organized my panty/sock supply in weeks! There's probably tons of stuff in there I don't even remember!



A little break might be in everyone's best interest! 

Of course, panty and sock shopping, wearing and selling is pretty addictive in itself...maybe I just need to pace myself...



After a little bed rest, of course!


 Cross your fingers and hope for a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment