Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where I live...

I have five roommates. Yes. There's six of us. Luckily, we live in a giant loft and everyone has their own bedroom. As you can imagine, there are quite a few downsides - 

- Dishes. Many, many dishes.
- Waking at 4.00am to the noise band practicing in your living room.
- Finding small grocery bags of garbage around the house when the trashcan is overflowing (a personal favorite).
- Hearing someone have sex through the wall - even I'm guilty of this!
- Privacy? What privacy?

Believe it or not, there is an upside. For example, there's always someone to chat with if I'm feeling lonely (I talk A LOT). And there's pretty much no such thing as wasted food. But the best part, aside from having one roommate who's a photographer, is getting to participate in art projects. A few weeks ago, I appeared in a performance project - Argh! I can't find the photos on my computer!


Anyway, there ended up being a motorcycle at the performance space, so naturally I stripped and took a photo!




And, living in a gallery gives me tons of options for unusual background settings. I have a roof overlooking the el train - 




Sadly, it's still kind of a wasteland - beer bottles EVERYWHERE! But my friend, Ava, lives downtown, and I often escape to her place...and she has air-conditioning! Here I am on her balcony, overlooking the city -



Living in the lap of luxury is nice...even if it's only for an hour!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment