Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Very First Blog Post!

Hi! I'm Kammi!



Welcome to my NEW blog! Since I love writing and taking pictures, I decided to try my hand at a website. I'm not too skilled at html (yet!) so I went with a blog, for now. Awesomely, I have a friend who's great at webdesign, so I'm hoping for an elaborate, bells-and-whistles website in the future. But I've always kept my thoughts in journals and live a pretty fascinating life, at least I'm told, and I like the idea of giving readers an idea of my every-day life! It's rarely boring!

You might wonder about the whole "panty" thing - I just ♥love♥ them! It's so fun to window shop at fancy lingerie stores and buying (affordable) panties is such a thrill! And, of course, the wearing aspect isn't too shabby, either!


Since I wear panties all the time anyway, I recently started selling them on the internet, which is quite an adventure in itself! I also enjoy taking photos with my roommate, Amaya. She's a photography major and I'm learning a lot from her - I'm hoping to get a tripod soon and start practicing myself! Here's another of her photos...



I try to capture a vintage-look in my photos...sort of like a 50's pin-up - 


Sadly, selling panties doesn't exactly pay the rent (which is, as of yet, unpaid!) and I also work in a gallery part-time. Finding work as an artist is TOUGH - even with the degree! I end up cobbling together odd-jobs here and there to get by - I guess I really am a "starving artist!" But it's certainly worth it...and don't worry! I get bored with hearing about financial woes, too! 


That's about it, for now! I've got to get to work designing my blog! I want it to look as cool as possible with all sorts of features! Looks like I finally found a use for that art school degree! Ha! I'll end with one of my favorite paintings - this is by Walton Ford and it's stunning!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment