Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kammi has a Bad Day

Well, I woke up in a perfectly good mood and everything's been downhill from there. Did you ever have one of those days when you just felt curling up in bed and going back to sleep?

 (I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know if this is a Lichtenstein or not!)

Aside from the usual roommate troubles (one of them treats me like a teenager despite the enormous age gap, another treats me like a parent who will pick up after him), I went to a meeting with my art collective and all of my ideas were basically tossed out the window. And the were great ideas!


And the whole time I was starving! Luckily, I had enough money on my Link card (yes, I get food stamps - I'm not ashamed) to get a few food items - I'm saving up for a big exhibition this Saturday. I really hate complaining about being poor, but the whole grocery-shopping experience was sort of a downer. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of um...young, urban professionals and it's depressing to overhear conversations about goat cheese when you're putting back a 79 cent can of beans! 


And when I got home, all excited to hang out with my friend, Mike, he not only cancelled, but got pissed off and hung up on me! I had to stop myself from crying!

 (in case you hadn't guessed, I'm picking out my "sad-face" photos)

On the upside, my new computer (a graduation present) will be arriving on Friday! And I'm really excited for the exhibition! I'm designing the fliers myself and working on a video project for it - not to mention, doing all the catering! Does any of this look mouth-watering...?



 That's jalapeno-cheddar cornbread, lemon cream tarts and succotash! Ask me for the recipes!

I guess it's not all bad! I'm sure I'll wake up in the morning, good as new! Keep your fingers crossed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment