Friday, August 12, 2011

In a race against time!

Just time for a short post today - I fell asleep at noon and am in a race against time to prepare for the exhibition tomorrow! Still HOURS of video editing left to do! At least I've got most of my film shorts downloaded - [update - tried to put one on here - my internet sucks. Why does it take hours to post a minute-long video? I'll try again, later.]



Tons of GORGEOUS images...vintage ads, mostly...


Okay, maybe that's a little more creepy than "gorgeous." But I found tons of vintage drawings of debutantes that are really quite stunning and I like the idea of juxtaposing their elegance with the eerie quality of early advertising geared at women. Compare this -

  
To This -

Pretty crazy, huh?

On an unrelated note, why is it that when you're in a huge rush for time, everything goes slower - Blogger execs, are you listening? Uploads take longer, software breaks, someone's always in the shower when you need it.

I was hoping to do a spicier panty-related post, but I've got to run. Subjects to come - (if I don't write about these, remind me!) 
1. Opinions on the faux popularity of Hitachi's magic wand
2. Mixed feelings on Victoria's Secret (oh, that adorable white, shirred-back panty on my wishlist - another topic of moral grappling) is not $25.00) 
3. More riveting talk about women in advertising and (hopefully) vintage panty pics! Remember the first Maidenform ads? Or watch a lot of Mad Men?

I've got to get moving - I'm slipping into these silky, pink-polka dot panties once I get out of the shower (on reserve for a lucky gentleman)!

 
And since I'm in a rush (why I decided to go on a tangent about vintage ad campaigns, I don't know), no time for an extended photo party! Instead, I'm putting this photo up - I think it's my favorite shot of me ever taken! Matching black lace bra and thong! 


Initially, this set was reserved for someone to purchase by pick-up (I no longer do these, DON'T ASK!) but he seems to have disappeared. I considered putting the set up for auction, but there seems to be an overall dislike for black panties. Misguided, if you ask me! Actually, future post -

4. Kammi discusses why black panties are great.

More soon!

-Kammi

No comments:

Post a Comment