Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pre-show jitters!

My big exhibition is in two days! And things are about to start getting HECTIC! As previously stated, I'm making something like seven dishes to serve, PLUS a video project...I forgot to mention I'm also making an installation and collage!  

The work I'm doing is vintage-style - a lot like this:


My toe is still healing, but there's no way I can wear the amazingly beautiful white heels I was planning! My dress is purple, a vintage style, designed after the famous Marilyn Monroe sidewalk vent dress. I don't have any pictures of it (I'm sure some will be taken this weekend), but it's from Trashy Diva, a shop in New Orleans selling vintage reproductions...and some gorgeous lingerie!

  I would absolutely die for that slip! I check out there selection whenever I'm in New Orleans, usually a few times a year. Could definitely use a vacation soon...and a sazarac! Trashy Diva is going on the links list, for sure!


I try to capture a vintage look in my photos, sometimes or at least work on that "come hither" gaze! I think this shot is sort of "tough 50's" in a way...


 And...naturally, I have lots of vintage dresses! This red dress is one of my favorites - I wear it constantly. Purchased for $10 at a Salvation Army in Jacksonville!


I shot a whole photo-set on the roof for ebanned in pink lace panties. My roommate, Amaya, took them so, of course, they're stunning but, since we took them at dawn, the light's way too dim. I might post them up here in the next few days. If I don't run out of time - keep your fingers crossed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment